Thursday, July 21, 2016

Ice Cream Bowl with Hero Arts

Have you seen the latest Hero Arts Winter Catalog?  It got me excited for cooler weather and reminded me of one of my favorite sets from last Christmas Merry Cactus to You.  Then I got the idea to use one of the pots and turn it into an ice cream bowl.  The pot turned bowl was perfect for 3 scoops!


To get that "creamy" effect I used Hero Arts Unicorn ink on colored cardstock, then stamped the detail with a matching ink color. My son recently discovered Neopolitan ice cream on his birthday which was the inspiration for the flavor choice on today's card!


Each scoop was cut with the matching die and then adhered to my card panel that used a circle stitched die for a fun background.  To complete the mound of ice cream I topped it with a cherry and some glossy accents for dimension.


Thanks so much for stopping by!  

2 comments:

  1. Soooooooooooo cute! LOVING that ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy card! I was looking at the HA ice cream stamps but wondered how the shadow would look. I like the way they look on your card so I will definitely add it to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!