Sunday, May 17, 2015

Playing with a NEW tool!

I got this new tool for Mother's Day and could not wait to play!


I've seen a lot of crafters use this tool to create pockets for photos and memorabilia,
but I've also seen it used to make shaker cards!
I LOVE shaker cards, but not fond of the bulk and expense in using a lot of foam tape.
The sewing machine and I don't get along, so stitchwork doesn't work for me.
This tool though...
LOVE!


I took left over plastic packaging
(from the hundreds of stamp packages that seem to accumulate, haha)
I used the We R Memory Keepers nested heart die as a template to run the tool
along the inside of the die to seal the shape.
(don't forget to leave an opening to place sequins and goodies before completely sealing)
In the shaker I used Lawn Fawn's Happy Birthday Border die
and snipped the words apart.  I added some Doodlebug Designs
sequins in Bubblegum and die cut some stars from
Lawn Fawn's Stitched Journaling Card.
I took the larger heart and die cut the shape.
*TIP: I took tweezers and ran it along the edging between the plastic layers
making sure everything was sealed.
I did have a couple of spots that did not seal well, so I just ran the tool again over those spots.

I actually wanted to just pop this on a card, but the hubby said it looked unfinished.


I wanted to enter this in the next
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
so I went with this week's theme colors.

I created a heart window with the smaller heart die
after stamping the background
(with Simons Says Stamp Falling Snow)
 in Hero Arts Shadow Inks in Bubble Gum.
Those sweet images along the bottom is
Simon Says Stamp Baby Party Animals that were copic colored
and fussy cut.  I added some dots to create grounding for the images.

Ok that's it for me!
Hope you're having a great weekend.

Mahalo for stopping by!!


9 comments:

  1. YAY for new toys!!! I love love love love your card! That shaker turned out AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card ! Love how you have used the fuse tool for your shaker - cool idea !

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome giftie! Love your shakers...onto my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a neat tool! shaker card is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! I love the way you made the shaker. Such a great idea. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, you have used the FUSE so fabulously! Love the pocket with the sequins, Niki! GREAT take on the challenge! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Inspiration Color Swatch” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for new tools.. i love this.. fun card..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the FUSE review! I love the idea of using it for shakers--genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love the way your card came out! And I think I officially need this tool in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!