Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Washi Stash!

Wowee!  It feels like forever since I blogged.  It's been one of those weeks where all the ideas to create something flood in my brain while I'm working, and no where near my crafty space!  Ever have those days?!  Unfortunately I've been working long hours so by the time I come home I'm pooped!  Tonight though, I'm on a mission!  I've been itching to enter this years Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Gallery Idol 2014 with the theme of washi tape!

Wanna see my washi stash?!


There is my crazy collection!  
My favorites are the ones at the bottom...Doodlebug Designs Candy Stripes Assortment!  I love the smaller width and the rainbow of colors is just yummy!  

Here's what I came up with for the contest...


This was the perfect pick me up creation for me!  I created the background with Old Paper Distress Ink stamped with Lawn Fawn's Woodgrain Backdrop in Scattered Straw adhered on Bazzill Yukon Gold cardstock.  I started with a circle die cut and ruffled up the washi tape starting from the outside edge, working my way inward with the rainbow of colors. To finish the center I adhered Doodlebug Designs sequins in Lilac.  The leaves were created using strips of washi tape and die cutting with Lawn Fawn's Stitched Leaves Die.  The flower was mounted using foam tape and finished off with a sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Summertime Charm.

I hope this brightens your day as it has mine!  Hope to see you in the gallery as well!  Mahalo for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. WOW,Niki...what a creative way to use Washi Tape!! I love this card!! Beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is so innovated and beautiful. I also love collecting washi tapes. I need to organize them like you do. Mine are just separated in ziploc bags. Hope you find more time for crafting so you can inspire me some more. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwww! This is AMAZING!! I loveeeeeeeeeee that flower!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you have a lot of washi tape.. looks fun.. What an amazing card.. love how you used the washi tape.. very creative

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is FABulous...way to work the washi! I tried to do something similar but it was just a jumbled mess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome creation, Niki! Love that fabulous bloom! Good luck with GI!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so so so good, Niki! I love your flower! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this turned out so well, Niki!! I have something similar that I haven't posted yet, but it's not at all as happy and colorful as your flower. It's quite impressive that you can make a rainbow with all your striped washi tape : )

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!