Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Trying Something New

Hello there!  I've been admiring the challenge called The Card Concept since its beginning, and finally made myself try a new style.  I admire that the challenge explains and shows examples of the various card styles and then encourages you to try one out.

Here's a snippet...


Can you guess which style I tried?  I'm hoping it's not too far off...remember this is my first go at this...haha!


So without further ado I've decided to try the freestyle collage...

Avery Elle Simply Labels and die, Avery Elle Laurels, Avery Elle Icon Fill in the Blank die, Tim Holtz Bubble Stencil, Doodlebug BonBon Twine, Doodlebug Sprinkles in Lily White, Memento ink in Rich Cocoa, Bamboo Leaves and Pear Tart, white embossing powder


So keeping to the theme colors I stamped out the Avery Elle label and die cut.  Then, stenciled the background after I white, heat embossed the laurels for a little "leafy" sprout among the die cut flowers.  I believe the flowers are actually an asterisk shape, but doubled them up to create whimsical blooms.  I used a sponge dauber around the laurels with a touch of brown for a little more detail.

This will also be entered in the

I actually liked how it all came together pretty quickly with having a theme color in mind.  Maybe that's the trick when doing freestyle collage!  

That's it for me!  Happy Hump Day and mahalo for stopping by!!!


15 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning Niki!!! I love the background and the little details!! Perfect!!
    Thank you so much for playing with us at The Card Concept!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly did an outstanding job with the freestyle card. It is very well balanced and pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and that masking!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well you did an amazing job... this is gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stylish and glad to know that you are trying out different techniques in your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of shape, colour and embellishments on this card! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Nicky, I really like those laurels and all the layers. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beatiful card, and yay to you for trying something different! I love the stenciled background and the yummy color combo! Hope to see more collage cards! Thanks for joining the AE Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe this is the first time you tried this style because you seem like a pro! I love all these beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the stenciling on your card...and what a great example of Freestyle Collage you have made...wouldn't have known it was your first attempt! Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. rockin' the freestyle goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! The details of this are amazing! You've combined each element perfectly for a stunning result! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Avery Elle AEI♥U Challenge! We're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH my! I love this and all the elements on your card! The background is fantastic! I need to try this!!! Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your freestyle collage card is gorgeous Niki. I love the stenciled background, the wee flowers and the wonderful sentiment panel. Thank you so much for joining us for The Card Concept Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This is just beautiful! I love the green stenciled background- so cool! Thanks for sharing your talent with the AE Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!