Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy Birthday to my Dad

Hope everyone's weekend is off to a good start!  For me the weekend couldn't come soon enough...it was tough going back to work for 2 more days...hehe.


My dad is celebrating his birthday on Sunday.  I'd put his age, but he might not be so happy with that.  You can certainly take a wild guess...haha!  He's a simple guy so I went with a pretty simple card.  All he asked for was a day of relaxing at home to watch football so my mom and I will do the cooking and my hubby will make him his favorite dessert...peanut butter cookies and chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter buttercream frosting.  We're not really PB fans, but my dad loves anything PB so it's his 1 day he indulges in the nutty stuff!

 Here's his card using the next CAS(E) this Sketch...

Lawn Fawn Year One, Lawn Fawn Belinda's Borders, Hero Arts Shadow inks in Tide Pool and Soft Granite, Hero Arts Neon Blue Ink, Hero Arts Dauber in Tide Pool, White embossing powder, American Crafts Pool cardstock

You know how I LOVE sketches!


I was inspired by Jennifer McGuire's post with embossing and using dots and I recently completed my Lawn Fawn "Year" collection so I needed to ink it up! 

That's it for me.  Mahalo for stopping by!!


9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your dad!! LOVING the card! Loveeeeee the cake and the splatters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your Dad! I hope you will have an awesome day!
    Your card is beautiful,Niki! Awesome colors and i love the splatters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww Happy Birthday to your Dad.. that card is too cool.. have a wonderful weekend.. love that picture..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your Dad!
    What a fun card! Love the colors and the dots:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pics of you both, he could be your oldest brother, LOL! Happy Birthday to your Dad, love the card you made and enjoy his day of relaxing with him....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool birthday card! Happy Birthday to your dad, hope you guys are enjoying your time celebrating him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors on the sweet card. Happy Birthday to your Dad!!! Hope his team won.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday to your dad! Love your card, I'll have to try that with the HA daubers.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!