Friday, May 10, 2013

TGIF

Happy Friday everyone!  It's been a loooong week for me, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel.  My best friend from college is flying in with her hubby and super adorable 14 month old and I cannot wait to spend some time with them.

I wanted to whip up a quick card for her...


We try to chat with each other on the phone every other weekend or so, and I'm so excited that now we won't need our phones!

The colors and style was inspired by this...


This is the next Runway Inspired Challenge.  I was drawn to the black and white and yellow in the background (reason for the base of the card).  Also the pink polka dots with blue handbag also stood out for me, hence the phone!

The design of the card is from this week's CAS(E) this Sketch


That's it for me.  I hope everyone has fabulous plans for the weekend...especially all the moms out there!

9 comments:

  1. so totally cute.. great take on the challenge.. love that phone image..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combination of the challenges! I definitely see the RIC incorporated into the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the RIC photo, and our sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) this Sketch, Niki! Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uber funky take on the sketch, have heaps of fun with your friend!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to combine two challenges into this one delightful card! Love the CAS approach--simple yet effective! So glad to see your entry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lov that fabulous pink phone with the gem centre! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those pinstripe diagonals, Niki! Great idea to stamp partially on the patterned paper too. Have a great time with your friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing take on the photo! And what a perfect card for that friend! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!