Sunday, April 21, 2013

Playing with Patterns

Aloha everyone and hope you're all having a fabulous Sunday!  I woke up to finding some amazing inspiration through fellow bloggers that have been getting crafty with pattern paper.  I love to use pattern paper to paper piece, but I usually steer away from layering because...quite frankly...I have no clue how to make it look nice.

The next Lawnscaping Challenge is to find something that inspires you.  Well I was absolutely inspired by Teri Anderson's cards this morning that I knew I had to gather some pattern paper and start playing!


I was a bit nervous when it all came together.  Did I use too much pattern paper?  I was trying to remember all the different tidbits I've learned from various bloggers about using pattern paper from the same pad, using a mix of different scaled patterns and keeping a color scheme.  Goodness...playing with pattern papers is a lot harder than I thought! Must practice some more!!! 

I loved the idea of stamping on pattern paper and thought that came out pretty good.  There's quite a bit of Lawn Fawn goodness in this card from the paper to the stamps.  The stems of the flowers is from Let it Snow and the little flowers is from Sophie's Sentiments.  I stamped out the jar from Summer Time Charm and masked out the lid.  That large sentiment is from So Much to Say.

I loved how Teri did a solid black line above and below her pieces...seemed to make it all come together...I'm hoping my card did that and want to thank Teri for inspiring me to start using more pattern in my cards!

Since this is a birthday card I will also be entering it in CAS-ual Fridays: Birthday Bash

I think this card loosely follows the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge for this week...


Thanks for stopping by and any feedback is always appreciated! 

9 comments:

  1. ooh I really like this card, it may be one of my fave from yours yet! love the images and the pretty card....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You used just the right amount and type of patterned paper. Your card turned out fabulous! I have another Mason jar card coming up in a future post. I wish I had seen your card before I made it because I would have incorporated blue shading like you did on your bottle...ah next one. Thanks for sharing your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is too cute.. love how you used this set..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun use of various patterned paper! Thanks so much for playing with us @ CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dp all works well together! I love the fresh colours! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the pattern paper is perfect and I love the jar of flowers! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Niki, you are totally using patterned papers like a pro! What a fun, fresh, happy card! Perfect mix of size, scale and color. So glad you joined the CASual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of patterned paper. Sweet card! Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ack! That is so much fun! I like how much patterned paper you used--I think the mix is great. I love it! Thanks for joining us for the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!