Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Bits and Pieces

What an enjoyable and blest weekend!  My mom, daughter and I celebrated our birthdays in Maui along with my hubby, son, dad, brother and his newly asked fiance.  Our last family trip was many years ago and I felt so blest to have all of us together.  We've gone through a few ordeals (what family hasn't right?), but this weekend was filled with tons of new memories from picking strawberries in Kula to flight cancellation coming home and I wouldn't have changed a thing!  So that's where I've been and now I'm back to get crafty...

Before I show my card I wanted to share my daughter's party favors she past out in class.  She wanted the theme of Skylanders (a video game)...


Goodness do I have some catching up to do!  Here's the card I've been working on...


I wanted to join in on the fun over at Paper Made Bakery: Let's Go Green using bits and pieces of our monthly kits to make a card.  Also if you like my card please click on link above and vote!  I took the May Arts Ribbon that was included in the How's the Weather Kit along with the beautiful fabric brad to make the center of my handmade rose.  The green twine is also from a past kit.  Of course I also needed a sketch to follow and used this week's CAS(E) this Sketch

The tag was a lot of fun to make!  I used glossy paper and inked it up using Memento reinkers in Bamboo Leaves and Pear Tart mixed with drops of alcohol on a makeup sponge and drew the chevron shape.  To accent it more I just ran it through an embossing folder.  I will definitely be using this technique that I learned from a True Stamp course so stay tuned!

Since this incorporates flowers and chevrons I will also be entering this in CAS-ual Fridays challenge.

10 comments:

  1. How fun, glad to hear that you all enjoyed celebrating your birthdays over at Maui... Love going to Maui and simply going sightseeing...Those party favors are simply awesome, I'm sure the kiddies were happy to have receive them. And such a perfect take on the sketch, love that fabric rose..
    Enjoy your wonderful Tuesday~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great party favors and your card is wonderful! I love the colors you used and that flower is awesome! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun candy tubes.. that is always a great party favor..

    awesome card..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - lots of great details here - love the debossed dots, the blended greens and WOW! that flower! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card, Niki - I love the tag & the gorgeous ribbon blossom! You did a great job "recycling" PMB's Fresh Baked Kits. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Birthday in Maui? perfect!

    Love the party favors...I'm sure they were a huge hit!

    What a wonderful card...I love how you made your bloom! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Made Bakery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that tag. Beautiful! Great take on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us @ CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card! Love the chevron texture on your tag! Your family trip sounds so wonderful too, I'm jealous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, totally love your flower AND chevrons! Lots of depth with the different shades. So glad you joined the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    Also love your daughter's party favors. My boys are into Skylanders too. Wow, what a marketing genius the person behind that is! You buy the game, but it's not done there. Then there are all the different characters! Brilliant on their part.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry that I'm so late in stopping by. Your blog is so adorable. Love your tag and card. Thank you for playing with us at the Paper Made Bakery!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!