Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Talk Nerdy

I absolutely LOVED this weeks Runway Inspired Challenge as I have a little confession to make...I was the nerd in high school.  Not the nerd as in smart nerd, cause that would be something to boast about...hehe, but the nerd that danced her own tune.  The model totally made that semi-nerdy look and OWNED it...which is what I hope to aspire in my kiddos.  They truly own their quirkiness as in this photo.

Yup...that's my almost 7 year old getting ready to go grocery shopping.  My mom would have never let me go out like that, but my kids crack me up and I say, as long as they are fully clothed, why not?

So on to my card for the challenge...

I was inspired by the colors and couldn't get that one eyed monster out of my head and knew I HAD to use googly eyes.  I had these cute little ones with pink lids and thought it perfect for this absolutely fun stamp set by Unity Stamp Co.

I wanted to emphasize the striped sleeves and decided to cut down my card front panel.  Used the large yellow panel with sentiment to represent the skirt on the model.  I needed to take a few more photos to get the whole feel of the card...check them out below!



Sorry for all the pics, but couldn't figure out how to best showcase the card and how it was cut.  Hope everyone is having a great week so far!  Tomorrow is my day off so stay tuned for more crafty goodness!!

6 comments:

  1. Gosh, I just popped over from the gallery on Runway Inspired blog, I had to see this awesome card up close and personal. OMG! This is just awesome! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow your blog is so fun.. Totally love your fun designs.. thanks for stopping by my blog and following..
    Happy Crafting..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the humor and graphic imagery of your card. You are a terrific artist! Your mother's philosophy is going to make your child a free thinker and we need more of them in this world. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny~ love it... Your card is awesome,great glasses.. TFS and put your cards out to share, you will be having lots of follower's. Your talent is unique....
    Enjoy you wonderful day my friend....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a unique card! Love the way you put the googly eyes behind the second pair of glasses! Thanks for joining us at the Runway Inspired challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I loveeeee how you used the eyes as your inspiration starting point!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!