Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter treat!

From my blog you wouldn't be able to tell it, but I LOVE making favors with paper!  I can recall my mom always making little goodie bags for my cousins and classmates for every holiday and now I'm continuing the tradition for my little ones.  Today I decided to upcycle a container to make an Easter treat.


My poor son's Easter basket was looking a little empty since my daughter's is filled with a bunch of girly things like lipgloss, hair ties and even some nail polish.  He's not much into toys as he just simply enjoys running around.  Next to running, would be his love for chocolate so this treat container is for him!

Wrapped the bottom of the container with die cut grass using Lawn Fawn's Pink Lemonade paper and added some copic colored Easter eggs from LF's Happy Easter.  For the lid wrapped the edges of lid and top with a woodgrain pattern washi tape and placed the various fussy cut images.  Of course I wanted to add sparkle and ribbon, but since it was for my son I decided to keep it simple.

Thought the bunny (even curled its ears for a little dimension) coming out of the hat was kinda fun so this will be entered into CAS-ual Fridays: Funny Bunny Challenge as well as Tuesday Trigger for Moxie Fab World

 I just LOVE Easter...I have such fond memories of Easter egg hunts and fun treat baskets!  Here's a pic of the completed treat container...I love how the washi tape covers the lid!


HAPPY EASTER!

6 comments:

  1. Great use of the washi tape. I love how everything works so well together. I know your son will be so happy with the treat container. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter!
    Love your treat container, great use on the washi tape...Turned out really really cute....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy while I was on vacation! Looks like you have been coloring and loving some Easter craftiness. I love that bunny, wish I could color :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Niki! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you upcycled for your son's treat. And I love that bunny image. Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so cute Niki! I love that cutie little bunny and those treats look yummy! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day,
so please send one my way! ;o)

More to Love!